Nectar Product Development kicks off the year with the Consumer Electronics Show (CES)! This trade show is notorious for being a grind. In 2017, the expo attracted over 72,000 industry attendees and more than 2,000 exhibitors. As technology enthusiasts take over Las Vegas for CES 2018, attendees may be overwhelmed by trying to navigate an expo which like Vegas, doesn’t sleep. Wired released these tips on how to survive and conquer CES this year:
- Explore all the Sands Expo! Find cutting edge technology.
- If you are flying into Las Vegas, only bring carry-on luggage so you can avoid a long wait after landing at McCarran International Airport.
- Double the amount of business cards you think you will need to bring.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Carry batteries and power cords with you.
- Bring water and snacks with you.
- Walk and use public transportation.
- The RTC’s Deuce and Strip & Downtown Express (DTX) buses offer frequent service along the Strip and up to downtown, which connect to four airport routes. A two-hour pass costs $6, a 24-hour pass is $8.
- The free monorails and trams connect individual casinos on the west side of the Strip: Treasure Island to the Mirage, the Bellagio to Monte Carlo to Crystals, and Excalibur to Luxor to Mandalay Bay.
- Spend all your time at the big brand-name booths. There are amazing things to see at the companies you’ve never heard of.
- Ride a hoverboard.
- Sign anything.
- Pick your nose.
- Gamble at CES.
- Call exhibitors “booth babes.”
CES Takes Over Las Vegas
Most of CES fills the three enormous halls of the Las Vegas Convention Center. The North Hall hosts automotive and wireless gadgetry, the Central Hall holds most of the mainline electronics manufacturers, and the South Hall’s upper and lower levels feature drones, VR, and phone accessories.
Surrounding Casinos, hotels, and bars will also be hosting CES networking events and mixers. The Venetian Suites will host the high-end audio tech. Although many events are invite only, there are many to attend. See the full list at CES Party List.